POSITION: MULTI-FAMILY CONSTRUCTION
LOCATION: LOCATED ON-SITE
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Molly.Marra@scbodner.com or fax to 317.664.7889
Summary: The job duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent are far ranging and encompass all aspects of project control. The Superintendent will be involved in his assigned projects as early as possible in the bid out process. He will work with the Project Manager to develop a working plan for his project and he will have an in depth, through knowledge of the entire project, ranging from the plans and specifications to all financial aspects of the project.
The following is a partial list of responsibilities for any Superintendent working with MBA Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct plan review with Project Manager on assigned project and red line for correction by design team.
• Meet with local governing authority and gather any pertinent information related to project.
• Investigate local codes and ordinances for jurisdiction where project is to be constructed.
• Work with Project Manager to develop project specific work scopes for the subcontractors.
• Assist Project Manager with the building of the project schedule.
• Assist Project Manager with project schedule updates on a weekly basis.
• Constantly maintain redlined plans for the project.
• Meet with Project Manager on a regular basis to review project budget and schedule.
• Assist Project Manager with review and approval all subcontractor and vendor payment requests.
• Coordinate with local utilities
• Communicate schedule with the subcontractors and vendors.
• Daily inspect the project site and buildings to insure that all quality standards are met.
• Set up and coordinate safety program with the Project Manager.
• Insure all project ADA requirements are met.
• Hold weekly jobsite safety and scheduling meetings.
• Constantly inspect and maintain a safe work environment for subcontractors and MBA employees.
• Assures debris and litter on grounds is removed and properly discarded
• Complies with safety programs, policies, and procedures as they relate to the construction environment.
• Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to the construction environment.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
This list does not reflect all of the duties and
responsibilities of the superintendent, there may be time that the
superintendent needs to take on different responsibilities for the
success of any given project. The superintendent is
responsible for all field operations of his projects until turnover
to property management.
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week or as many hours as needed to successfully fulfill the requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret all design drawings and
• Must be able to successfully interact with, building officials, owners, subcontractors, vendors and anyone else necessary for the successful operation of the construction process.
• Must fully understand all aspects of the scheduling process.
• Ability to understand and implement work scopes for every trade category on the project.
• Have the knowledge and ability to understand and track the all daily operations of his projects.
• Must have the computer skills necessary to complete all tasks as required by the position.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be willing to travel to and work from project site as directed by the VP of Construction.